They have sold almost 1% of their share for over ₹186 crore.
The Singapore government and Monetary Authority of Singapore have sold almost one per cent of their total holding in Zee Entertainment Enterprise (ZEEL) to 5.93% for an estimated sum of over ₹186 crore by selling shares in the open market. According to a regulatory filing by the company, GIC Pvt Ltd on account of Government of Singapore (GOS) and Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) sold a total of 93.30 lakh shares, amounting to 0.97% stake in ZEEL on August 20. While GOS sold 56,76,912 shares aggregating 0.59% stake, MAS sold 36,53,266 shares accounting for 0.38% shareholding, the company said. Based on the closing price of ₹199.45 per share on BSE on the day of share sale, the transaction is estimated to be valued at over ₹186 crore. Prior to sale, GOS held 4.81% stake, while MAS’ stake stood at 2.10% aggregating to a total of 6.91%, as per the filing. Last week, ZEEL had reported a consolidated net profit of ₹29.28 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2020, as against a net profit of ₹529.76 crore in April-June quarter a year ago. Its total income during the quarter under review was ₹1,338.41 crore. It was ₹2,112.03 crore in the corresponding quarter last year. According to the company, the impact on earnings was primarily due to restrictions caused by COVID-19 on business activities. Shares of ZEEL were trading 3.07% higher at ₹198.05 apiece on BSE.
You have reached your limit for free articles this month.
To get full access, please subscribe.
Already have an account ? Sign in
Show Less Plan
Subscription Benefits Include
Find mobile-friendly version of articles from the day’s newspaper in one easy-to-read list.
Move smoothly between articles as our pages load instantly.
Enjoy reading as many articles as you wish without any limitations.
A one-stop-shop for seeing the latest updates, and managing your preferences.
A select list of articles that match your interests and tastes.
We brief you on the latest and most important developments, three times a day.
*Our Digital Subscription plans do not currently include the e-paper ,crossword, iPhone, iPad mobile applications and print. Our plans enhance your reading experience.
A letter from the Editor
Dear subscriber,Thank you!Your support for our journalism is invaluable. It’s a support for truth and fairness in journalism. It has helped us keep apace with events and happenings.The Hindu has always stood for journalism that is in the public interest. At this difficult time, it becomes even more important that we have access to information that has a bearing on our health and well-being, our lives, and livelihoods. As a subscriber, you are not only a beneficiary of our work but also its enabler.We also reiterate here the promise that our team of reporters, copy editors, fact-checkers, designers, and photographers will deliver quality journalism that stays away from vested interest and political propaganda.Suresh Nambath